Karzai nominates new Afghan Cabinet members
Kabul: An Afghan government spokesman says President Hamid Karzai has officially nominated four people to Cabinet positions proposed last week but so far held back from the rumoured wider reshuffle.
Administration affairs department spokesman Rafi Ferdous says Karzai officially filled four posts: former interior minister Bismillah Mohammadi as defence minister, former northern police chief Mushtaba Patang as interior minister, Border and Tribal Affairs Minister Assadullah Khalid as head of the country`s spy agency and former Kabul governor Azizullah Din Mohammad in Khalid`s vacated post.
Parliament must still approve the nominees. Ferdous said he had no information on whether more appointments were to come.
Previously, people close to the administration had said they expected new appointees for attorney general and the head of the country`s election commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10