Kayani, John Kerry discuss Afghanistan
Islamabad: Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has met US Secretary of State John Kerry in Jordan and held discussion over the reconciliation process in Afghanistan, Geo News reported Monday.
The two sides also talked about security issues concerning the South Asia region during their meet held Sunday.
"It is particularly worrying that the overall security situation remains volatile in the country amidst the ongoing simultaneous security, political and economic transitions," India`s acting permanent UN representative Manjeev Singh Puri said during a Security Council debate March 19.
Even after over a decade of NATO led International Security Assistance Force`s "presence and concerted efforts of the international community, Afghanistan continues to face an existential threat from terrorism," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal