Kayani, John Kerry discuss Afghanistan
Islamabad: Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has met US Secretary of State John Kerry in Jordan and held discussion over the reconciliation process in Afghanistan, Geo News reported Monday.
The two sides also talked about security issues concerning the South Asia region during their meet held Sunday.
"It is particularly worrying that the overall security situation remains volatile in the country amidst the ongoing simultaneous security, political and economic transitions," India`s acting permanent UN representative Manjeev Singh Puri said during a Security Council debate March 19.
Even after over a decade of NATO led International Security Assistance Force`s "presence and concerted efforts of the international community, Afghanistan continues to face an existential threat from terrorism," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information