Kayani, John Kerry discuss Afghanistan
Islamabad: Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has met US Secretary of State John Kerry in Jordan and held discussion over the reconciliation process in Afghanistan, Geo News reported Monday.
The two sides also talked about security issues concerning the South Asia region during their meet held Sunday.
"It is particularly worrying that the overall security situation remains volatile in the country amidst the ongoing simultaneous security, political and economic transitions," India`s acting permanent UN representative Manjeev Singh Puri said during a Security Council debate March 19.
Even after over a decade of NATO led International Security Assistance Force`s "presence and concerted efforts of the international community, Afghanistan continues to face an existential threat from terrorism," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway