Kayani leaves for US to take part in strategic dialogue
Islamabad: Pakistan Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has left for the United States to take part in the upcoming strategic dialogue between the two countries on March 24.
During his ‘official’ visit, Kayani is also likely to meet top US military and government officials in Tampa and Washington, The Dawn reports.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi would head the Pakistani delegation while the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would represent Washington during the next week’s talks.
In recent months, senior Obama administration officials have been hailing the close ties with Pakistan, which has acted tough on extremist leaders hiding inside its boundary.
Next week’s strategic dialogue, the first at the ministerial level, takes place in the backdrop of Pakistan’s consistent demands from the US to help it ‘more’ in order to enable it to take on the extremists more effectively in the ‘war on terror’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt invites public comments on changing financial year
- Top Chinese general held in China's anti-graft campaign?
- Good news for home buyers! DDA Housing Scheme 2016 likely to be launched around Diwali
- Beware! No more selfie on board, DGCA taking cognizance
- Turkey PM vows retaliation after 'vile' Cizre attack