Kayani leaves for US to take part in strategic dialogue
Islamabad: Pakistan Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has left for the United States to take part in the upcoming strategic dialogue between the two countries on March 24.
During his ‘official’ visit, Kayani is also likely to meet top US military and government officials in Tampa and Washington, The Dawn reports.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi would head the Pakistani delegation while the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would represent Washington during the next week’s talks.
In recent months, senior Obama administration officials have been hailing the close ties with Pakistan, which has acted tough on extremist leaders hiding inside its boundary.
Next week’s strategic dialogue, the first at the ministerial level, takes place in the backdrop of Pakistan’s consistent demands from the US to help it ‘more’ in order to enable it to take on the extremists more effectively in the ‘war on terror’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?