Kayani leaves for US to take part in strategic dialogue
Islamabad: Pakistan Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has left for the United States to take part in the upcoming strategic dialogue between the two countries on March 24.
During his ‘official’ visit, Kayani is also likely to meet top US military and government officials in Tampa and Washington, The Dawn reports.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi would head the Pakistani delegation while the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would represent Washington during the next week’s talks.
In recent months, senior Obama administration officials have been hailing the close ties with Pakistan, which has acted tough on extremist leaders hiding inside its boundary.
Next week’s strategic dialogue, the first at the ministerial level, takes place in the backdrop of Pakistan’s consistent demands from the US to help it ‘more’ in order to enable it to take on the extremists more effectively in the ‘war on terror’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you