Kayani reiterates Pakistan Army`s role in Swat
Islamabad: Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has said the army would continue to play a role in rebuilding the Swat Valley.
Kayani reiterated that the Pakistan Army would continue to assist the civil administration in maintaining law and order in the country`s northwest tribal region, the Dawn newspaper reported Sunday.
Kayani also paid tributes to the three army officers who were killed Sep 15 near the Afghanistan border.
Maj. Gen. Sanaullah, Lt. Col. Tauseef and Lance Naik Irfan Sattar were killed when a roadside improvised explosive device (IED) went off in Upper Dir area. The three were on a routine visit to the area.
The Pakistani Taliban later claimed responsibility for the attack.
"Praying for Maj.Gen. Sanaullah, Lt.Col. Tauseef and Lance Naik Irfan Sattar, he paid rich tributes to them for their ultimate sacrifice and said that the whole nation would remain indebted to them," said a Pakistani military press release.
The army chief also hailed his troops for successfully evicting militants from the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'