Kayani says Taliban cannot dictate terms to nation
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has declared that terrorists will not be allowed to dictate terms to the country in lieu of government efforts for peace talks.
General Kayani also reaffirmed the army`s support to the political process in reaching out to the militant outfits for a dialogue, the Daily Times reports.
He reiterated the Pakistan Army`s resolution and commitment to fight terrorism, in accordance with the will of the nation, at any cost.
General Kayani paid tribute to Major General Sanaullah Khan, who was killed during a terrorist attack near village Gatkotal in Upper Dir on Sunday.
The attack came a week after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had sent a letter to the Pakistani Taliban to pursue peace talks and all major political parties had agreed in the All-Parties Conference (APC) to negotiate with the militant outfit.
It is being speculated that the recent attacks by the Taliban would likely make it more difficult for the government to start negotiations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000