Kayani says Taliban cannot dictate terms to nation
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has declared that terrorists will not be allowed to dictate terms to the country in lieu of government efforts for peace talks.
General Kayani also reaffirmed the army`s support to the political process in reaching out to the militant outfits for a dialogue, the Daily Times reports.
He reiterated the Pakistan Army`s resolution and commitment to fight terrorism, in accordance with the will of the nation, at any cost.
General Kayani paid tribute to Major General Sanaullah Khan, who was killed during a terrorist attack near village Gatkotal in Upper Dir on Sunday.
The attack came a week after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had sent a letter to the Pakistani Taliban to pursue peace talks and all major political parties had agreed in the All-Parties Conference (APC) to negotiate with the militant outfit.
It is being speculated that the recent attacks by the Taliban would likely make it more difficult for the government to start negotiations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan