Kayani urges tribal elders to cooperate with Army
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has urged tribal elders in militancy-hit areas of FATA to cooperate with the military forces for restoring peace and upholding the writ of government in the region.
Talking to elders of Tharkani and Uthmankhel tribes, he said peace is necessary for development and prosperity in the region.
He also stressed that the country’s security forces are committed to providing basic facilities to the people in FATA, the Dawn reports.
He lauded sacrifices rendered by tribal people for elimination of militancy and restoration of peace in the area, the paper said.
Gen Kayani said security forces were aware of the problems being faced by the people of militancy-affected areas and added that keeping in view those difficulties various rehabilitation schemes would be launched soon.
According to the paper, the elders assured him that they would continue to support the security forces in their efforts to maintain peace.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living