Kayani urges tribal elders to cooperate with Army
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has urged tribal elders in militancy-hit areas of FATA to cooperate with the military forces for restoring peace and upholding the writ of government in the region.
Talking to elders of Tharkani and Uthmankhel tribes, he said peace is necessary for development and prosperity in the region.
He also stressed that the country’s security forces are committed to providing basic facilities to the people in FATA, the Dawn reports.
He lauded sacrifices rendered by tribal people for elimination of militancy and restoration of peace in the area, the paper said.
Gen Kayani said security forces were aware of the problems being faced by the people of militancy-affected areas and added that keeping in view those difficulties various rehabilitation schemes would be launched soon.
According to the paper, the elders assured him that they would continue to support the security forces in their efforts to maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'