Kerry hopes for polls, new Constitution in Nepal
Washington: Greeting the Nepal on the occasion of its New Year, US Secretary of State, John Kerry has hoped that the coming year will see successful elections and the completion of a new Constitution.
"On behalf of President Obama and the American people, I offer the people of Nepal my warmest wishes for a joyful New Year.”
"This is an opportunity to celebrate national unity and goodwill in Nepal and for Nepalese people around the world to reflect on new beginnings and possibilities," Kerry said on Thursday.
"As Nepal`s steadfast friend, the United States hopes that the coming year will see successful elections and the full completion of a new Constitution, keeping your country on the path of prosperity and progress," he said.
Kerry added that the United States looks forward towards continuing strong friendship with the Nepali people in the New Year.
"Naya Barshako Shubha-Kamana!" Kerry said in his greeting message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?