Kerry hopes for polls, new Constitution in Nepal
Washington: Greeting the Nepal on the occasion of its New Year, US Secretary of State, John Kerry has hoped that the coming year will see successful elections and the completion of a new Constitution.
"On behalf of President Obama and the American people, I offer the people of Nepal my warmest wishes for a joyful New Year.”
"This is an opportunity to celebrate national unity and goodwill in Nepal and for Nepalese people around the world to reflect on new beginnings and possibilities," Kerry said on Thursday.
"As Nepal`s steadfast friend, the United States hopes that the coming year will see successful elections and the full completion of a new Constitution, keeping your country on the path of prosperity and progress," he said.
Kerry added that the United States looks forward towards continuing strong friendship with the Nepali people in the New Year.
"Naya Barshako Shubha-Kamana!" Kerry said in his greeting message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter