Kerry hopes for polls, new Constitution in Nepal
Washington: Greeting the Nepal on the occasion of its New Year, US Secretary of State, John Kerry has hoped that the coming year will see successful elections and the completion of a new Constitution.
"On behalf of President Obama and the American people, I offer the people of Nepal my warmest wishes for a joyful New Year.”
"This is an opportunity to celebrate national unity and goodwill in Nepal and for Nepalese people around the world to reflect on new beginnings and possibilities," Kerry said on Thursday.
"As Nepal`s steadfast friend, the United States hopes that the coming year will see successful elections and the full completion of a new Constitution, keeping your country on the path of prosperity and progress," he said.
Kerry added that the United States looks forward towards continuing strong friendship with the Nepali people in the New Year.
"Naya Barshako Shubha-Kamana!" Kerry said in his greeting message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Gold smuggling: Government loses over $1 billion in revenue
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy