Kerry hopes for polls, new Constitution in Nepal
Washington: Greeting the Nepal on the occasion of its New Year, US Secretary of State, John Kerry has hoped that the coming year will see successful elections and the completion of a new Constitution.
"On behalf of President Obama and the American people, I offer the people of Nepal my warmest wishes for a joyful New Year.”
"This is an opportunity to celebrate national unity and goodwill in Nepal and for Nepalese people around the world to reflect on new beginnings and possibilities," Kerry said on Thursday.
"As Nepal`s steadfast friend, the United States hopes that the coming year will see successful elections and the full completion of a new Constitution, keeping your country on the path of prosperity and progress," he said.
Kerry added that the United States looks forward towards continuing strong friendship with the Nepali people in the New Year.
"Naya Barshako Shubha-Kamana!" Kerry said in his greeting message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley