Kerry hopes for polls, new Constitution in Nepal
Washington: Greeting the Nepal on the occasion of its New Year, US Secretary of State, John Kerry has hoped that the coming year will see successful elections and the completion of a new Constitution.
"On behalf of President Obama and the American people, I offer the people of Nepal my warmest wishes for a joyful New Year.”
"This is an opportunity to celebrate national unity and goodwill in Nepal and for Nepalese people around the world to reflect on new beginnings and possibilities," Kerry said on Thursday.
"As Nepal`s steadfast friend, the United States hopes that the coming year will see successful elections and the full completion of a new Constitution, keeping your country on the path of prosperity and progress," he said.
Kerry added that the United States looks forward towards continuing strong friendship with the Nepali people in the New Year.
"Naya Barshako Shubha-Kamana!" Kerry said in his greeting message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional