Kerry Lugar Bill a ‘triumph for India’: PML-Q president
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) president Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain has termed the controversial Kerry-Lugar Bill as a ‘triumph for India’.
Addressing party leaders here, Hussain said the bill cannot be accepted in its current form as it has several controversial points regarding the Army, Pakistan’s nuclear programme and security agencies.
“Accepting K-L bill will be akin to consider Quetta and Mureed Kay the strongholds of militancy,” The News quoted Hussain,as saying.
Hussain said his party was not against the US, but it wants a full-fledged debate on the Kerry Lugar Bill in Parliament.
He said PML-Q also supports good relationship with Washington, but that should not be at the cost of the country’s sovereignty.
“Our party is not against friendly relations with the US, however, no relationship is more important than our national interests. We want good ties with the US but not at the cost of our sovereignty and integrity. We don’t believe in opposing each and every step taken by the government, rather we would support positive steps,” Hussain said.
Interacting with media persons, PML-Q secretary general Mushahid Hussain Sayed said it is wrong to believe that the Bill cannot be reviewed.
He said the assistance represented the Pakistani people and the government in a bad light.
“The Kerry-Lugar Bill has put Pakistan and its people in the dock, presuming the Pakistani state and its institutions to be guilty and asking them to prove innocence before the US administration,” Sayed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack