Kerry`s postponement of trip not a snub to Pakistan: US
Washington: The decision of its Secretary of State John Kerry not travelling to Islamabad during his 10-day trip of seven Asian countries, including India, should not be seen as a snub to Pakistan, the US has asserted.
"Absolutely not. The Secretary (of State) is ready to go, he wants to go (to Pakistan). We are working on scheduling and time to go," State Department spokesperson, Jen Psaki, told reporters on being asked in this regard.
"Secretary Kerry plans to travel to Pakistan as soon as his schedule permits. As he has consistently stated, he is eager to meet with the new civilian government which just took office there," Psaki said.
"Given the range of bilateral issues of mutual importance to both us and Pakistan, including, of course, counter-terrorism and coordination on that, it is very important to the Secretary that he have sufficient time in Pakistan when he travels there," she said.
Psaki said Kerry wanted to spend some good time in Pakistan, but right now, the developments in the Middle East do not permit him.
"So we wanted to make some decisions that enabled him, at his request, to be able to spend a good amount of time on the ground," she said, adding that a possible itinerary of Kerry`s Pakistan visit is being worked out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more