Key Afghan terrorists held for killing 80
Kabul: Two leaders of a terror outfit that organised a deadly suicide attack in Kabul in December last year, in which 80 people were killed, have been arrested, an official said Tuesday.
Lutfullah Mashal, spokesman for the National Directorate for Security, however, did not name the terrorists nor their outfit, Xinhua reported.
The suicide attack inside a Shia Muslim shrine in Kabul Dec 6, 2011, killed 80 people, including women and children, and injured more than 150.
In a video footage, one of the arrested men admitted his involvement in planning the suicide attack and requested pardon from the government.
Attorney General Mohammad Ishaq Alko said both the men might be given the death penalty.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan