Key Afghan terrorists held for killing 80
Kabul: Two leaders of a terror outfit that organised a deadly suicide attack in Kabul in December last year, in which 80 people were killed, have been arrested, an official said Tuesday.
Lutfullah Mashal, spokesman for the National Directorate for Security, however, did not name the terrorists nor their outfit, Xinhua reported.
The suicide attack inside a Shia Muslim shrine in Kabul Dec 6, 2011, killed 80 people, including women and children, and injured more than 150.
In a video footage, one of the arrested men admitted his involvement in planning the suicide attack and requested pardon from the government.
Attorney General Mohammad Ishaq Alko said both the men might be given the death penalty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list