Key Afghan terrorists held for killing 80
Kabul: Two leaders of a terror outfit that organised a deadly suicide attack in Kabul in December last year, in which 80 people were killed, have been arrested, an official said Tuesday.
Lutfullah Mashal, spokesman for the National Directorate for Security, however, did not name the terrorists nor their outfit, Xinhua reported.
The suicide attack inside a Shia Muslim shrine in Kabul Dec 6, 2011, killed 80 people, including women and children, and injured more than 150.
In a video footage, one of the arrested men admitted his involvement in planning the suicide attack and requested pardon from the government.
Attorney General Mohammad Ishaq Alko said both the men might be given the death penalty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan