Key Afghan terrorists held for killing 80
Kabul: Two leaders of a terror outfit that organised a deadly suicide attack in Kabul in December last year, in which 80 people were killed, have been arrested, an official said Tuesday.
Lutfullah Mashal, spokesman for the National Directorate for Security, however, did not name the terrorists nor their outfit, Xinhua reported.
The suicide attack inside a Shia Muslim shrine in Kabul Dec 6, 2011, killed 80 people, including women and children, and injured more than 150.
In a video footage, one of the arrested men admitted his involvement in planning the suicide attack and requested pardon from the government.
Attorney General Mohammad Ishaq Alko said both the men might be given the death penalty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply