Key Tehreek-e-Taliban commander arrested in Karachi
Karachi: A key commander of the banned
Tehreek-e-Taliban, who was allegedly involved in a number of
attacks on Pakistani security forces and check posts in the
Swat valley, has been arrested here.
A senior police official of the Central Investigation
Department (CID) has claimed that police has arrested Toti
Khan, who is a senior commander and member of Tehreek-e-
Taliban in Swat valley.
"Toti Khan was arrested from Ittehad town with a huge
cache of arms and explosives and suicide jackets," SSP Omar
Shahid told a media conference yesterday.
He said Khan was involved in a number of attacks on
security forces and checkposts in Swat valley and had come to
Karachi and gone into hiding.
"He is a known militant and was being hunted by the
security forces in Swat. We got a tip off from some Taliban
activists we had arrested in the city on Sunday," he said.
The Karachi police had picked up four activists of the
Taliban and obtained judicial remand for them after presenting
them in a local court yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?