Key Tehreek-e-Taliban commander arrested in Karachi
Karachi: A key commander of the banned
Tehreek-e-Taliban, who was allegedly involved in a number of
attacks on Pakistani security forces and check posts in the
Swat valley, has been arrested here.
A senior police official of the Central Investigation
Department (CID) has claimed that police has arrested Toti
Khan, who is a senior commander and member of Tehreek-e-
Taliban in Swat valley.
"Toti Khan was arrested from Ittehad town with a huge
cache of arms and explosives and suicide jackets," SSP Omar
Shahid told a media conference yesterday.
He said Khan was involved in a number of attacks on
security forces and checkposts in Swat valley and had come to
Karachi and gone into hiding.
"He is a known militant and was being hunted by the
security forces in Swat. We got a tip off from some Taliban
activists we had arrested in the city on Sunday," he said.
The Karachi police had picked up four activists of the
Taliban and obtained judicial remand for them after presenting
them in a local court yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj