Islamabad: Tehreek-i-Taliban commander Umar Mansoor has claimed the responsibility of dastardly terror attack carried out in Bacha Khan University in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Charsadda on Wednesday that killed over 20 people, leaving dozens wounded.
Here's all you need to know about this dreadful terrorist:
- Umar Mansoor is claimed by TTP to be the controller of 2014 Peshawar school attack.
- Mansoor is believed to have shifted his base to Afghanistan after the Pakistan Army carried out military operation in 2014. Since then he has made several attempts to infiltrate into Pakistan.
- Six Pakistani Taliban interviewed by Reuters confirmed the mastermind was Mansoor. Four of them said he is close to Mullah Fazlullah, the embattled leader of the TTP who ordered assassins to kill schoolgirl activist Malala Yousafzai, the Dawn reported.
- Mansoor, who attained high school education in Islamabad, later continued his studies in Madrassah.
- He had initially worked as a labourer in Karachi before joining Taliban.
- His nickname is "naray," a word in the Pashto language meaning "slim", and he is the father of two daughters and a son, Dawn quoted two commanders.
- Mansoor is against any talks with the Pakistani government and opposes those who have soft corner for the government.