Laden, Omar in Pak-Afghan border area: UK envoy
Islamabad: British High Commissioner to Pakistan Sir Robert Brinkley has claimed that Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin-Laden, Qaeda’s second man in command Ayman Al-Zawahiri and Taliban chief Mullah Omar are hiding in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border regions.
Talking to media persons here, Brinkley asked Pakistan to act against the outlawed outfit and help the allied forces to nab bin-Laden as soon as possible.
Brinkley said the ‘war against terror’ in the region has helped greatly in breaking the back of extremism and weaken the influence of Al-Qaeda, The Daily Times reports.
“The terrorist threat in Britain has also declined,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016