Laden, Omar in Pak-Afghan border area: UK envoy
Islamabad: British High Commissioner to Pakistan Sir Robert Brinkley has claimed that Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin-Laden, Qaeda’s second man in command Ayman Al-Zawahiri and Taliban chief Mullah Omar are hiding in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border regions.
Talking to media persons here, Brinkley asked Pakistan to act against the outlawed outfit and help the allied forces to nab bin-Laden as soon as possible.
Brinkley said the ‘war against terror’ in the region has helped greatly in breaking the back of extremism and weaken the influence of Al-Qaeda, The Daily Times reports.
“The terrorist threat in Britain has also declined,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'