Lahore HC puts off JuD chief Hafiz Saeed`s plea
Lahore: The Lahore High Court (LHC) has put off a petition moved by Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed, requesting the court to abolish ``VIP culture`` in the country, until July 19.
The judge directed the counsel to come up with arguments on how the court could change this culture, reports the Daily Times.
The petitioner`s counsel, AK Dogar, stated that the VIP culture was ruining the country, as a few were illegally enjoying every facility and majority was deprived of essential commodities.
He stated that all the public functionaries, who were living like kings and princes in palatial government houses, were not only committing a grave and serious violation of Sunnah of the holy Prophet, but were guilty of direct contravention of the dictates of the constitution of Pakistan.
He stated that nothing short of a revolution through the implementation of provisions of the constitution would convert the public rulers into public servants. He said that in a poor country like Pakistan, the Punjab governor alone lives in a palace which is 68 acres, and all commissioners live in houses of 100 kanal each.
He stated that rulers are living such lavish lives that staff, household and allowances of the president are Rs 1 million per day, Prime Minister`s Secretariat Rs 1.2 million per day, the National Assembly Rs 4 million per day, Senate Rs 2 million per day and the Cabinet Secretariat Rs 200 million per day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj