Lahore HC to hear contempt case against Zardari
Lahore: The Lahore High Court (LHC) will conduct the hearing of a petition against President Asif Ali Zardari in a contempt of court case on Wednesday.
According to The Dawn, the petition was filed by Advocate Azhar Siddiq, who argued that Zardari`s use of the President House for political activities was against the law and it fell in the domain of contempt of court.
The petition was possibly filed after Zardari held a meeting with Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain at the President House, discussing the possible coalition arrangements with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers