Lahore police on high alert over ‘sensitive’ Friday
Lahore: Keeping in view past terror incidents which took place particularly on Friday, the Lahore Police have declared a high alert on Friday.
SSP Operations Lahore Chaudhry Shafiq has ordered snap checking and search operation in the city to avert any untoward incident.
“We have declared Friday ‘sensitive’ because most of the attacks occurred on that day,” The News quoted Shafiq, as saying.
In a letter to Punjab Inspector General Tariq Salim Dogar, Shafiq also demanded 500 bulletproof jackets and latest weaponry to cope with the situation.
Exactly a week before, heavily-armed attackers had raided two mosques belonging to minority Ahmedi sects in Garhi Sahu and Model Town areas of Lahore killing over 80 persons and injuries dozens other.
In the recent past, extremists have particularly struck on Friday targeting religious places across Pakistan to cause maximum damage, as a huge number of people gather for special prayers in mosques.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?