Lahore police on high alert over ‘sensitive’ Friday
Lahore: Keeping in view past terror incidents which took place particularly on Friday, the Lahore Police have declared a high alert on Friday.
SSP Operations Lahore Chaudhry Shafiq has ordered snap checking and search operation in the city to avert any untoward incident.
“We have declared Friday ‘sensitive’ because most of the attacks occurred on that day,” The News quoted Shafiq, as saying.
In a letter to Punjab Inspector General Tariq Salim Dogar, Shafiq also demanded 500 bulletproof jackets and latest weaponry to cope with the situation.
Exactly a week before, heavily-armed attackers had raided two mosques belonging to minority Ahmedi sects in Garhi Sahu and Model Town areas of Lahore killing over 80 persons and injuries dozens other.
In the recent past, extremists have particularly struck on Friday targeting religious places across Pakistan to cause maximum damage, as a huge number of people gather for special prayers in mosques.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter