Lahore police on high alert over ‘sensitive’ Friday
Lahore: Keeping in view past terror incidents which took place particularly on Friday, the Lahore Police have declared a high alert on Friday.
SSP Operations Lahore Chaudhry Shafiq has ordered snap checking and search operation in the city to avert any untoward incident.
“We have declared Friday ‘sensitive’ because most of the attacks occurred on that day,” The News quoted Shafiq, as saying.
In a letter to Punjab Inspector General Tariq Salim Dogar, Shafiq also demanded 500 bulletproof jackets and latest weaponry to cope with the situation.
Exactly a week before, heavily-armed attackers had raided two mosques belonging to minority Ahmedi sects in Garhi Sahu and Model Town areas of Lahore killing over 80 persons and injuries dozens other.
In the recent past, extremists have particularly struck on Friday targeting religious places across Pakistan to cause maximum damage, as a huge number of people gather for special prayers in mosques.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan