Lahore police on high alert over ‘sensitive’ Friday
Lahore: Keeping in view past terror incidents which took place particularly on Friday, the Lahore Police have declared a high alert on Friday.
SSP Operations Lahore Chaudhry Shafiq has ordered snap checking and search operation in the city to avert any untoward incident.
“We have declared Friday ‘sensitive’ because most of the attacks occurred on that day,” The News quoted Shafiq, as saying.
In a letter to Punjab Inspector General Tariq Salim Dogar, Shafiq also demanded 500 bulletproof jackets and latest weaponry to cope with the situation.
Exactly a week before, heavily-armed attackers had raided two mosques belonging to minority Ahmedi sects in Garhi Sahu and Model Town areas of Lahore killing over 80 persons and injuries dozens other.
In the recent past, extremists have particularly struck on Friday targeting religious places across Pakistan to cause maximum damage, as a huge number of people gather for special prayers in mosques.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video