Lahore police on high alert over ‘sensitive’ Friday
Lahore: Keeping in view past terror incidents which took place particularly on Friday, the Lahore Police have declared a high alert on Friday.
SSP Operations Lahore Chaudhry Shafiq has ordered snap checking and search operation in the city to avert any untoward incident.
“We have declared Friday ‘sensitive’ because most of the attacks occurred on that day,” The News quoted Shafiq, as saying.
In a letter to Punjab Inspector General Tariq Salim Dogar, Shafiq also demanded 500 bulletproof jackets and latest weaponry to cope with the situation.
Exactly a week before, heavily-armed attackers had raided two mosques belonging to minority Ahmedi sects in Garhi Sahu and Model Town areas of Lahore killing over 80 persons and injuries dozens other.
In the recent past, extremists have particularly struck on Friday targeting religious places across Pakistan to cause maximum damage, as a huge number of people gather for special prayers in mosques.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill