Lahore terror attack: Taliban militant arrested
Lahore: Pakistani law enforcement agencies on Sunday claimed to have made a breakthrough in their probe into the recent three near-simultaneous terror attacks on security facilities here by arresting a Punjabi Taliban militant, from whom banned literature and `jehadi` CDs were also seized.
The militant was arrested late last night from a house he had rented in the Lahore cantonment.
Officials said the man was involved in a terrorist raid on a police training centre in the suburb of Manawan, one of three security facilities targeted by militants on October 15.
"We have seized 30 `jehadi` CDs, banned literature, 100 mobile phone SIMs and cell phones from the house where he was staying with his wife and two children," a senior police official said.
The police official said the militant had earlier rented a house near the police training school in Manawan and then shifted to another place.
"The CDs seized from him show how terrorists are trained, their escape during raids and how to attack potential targets. The man had given some SIMs to other people, which were found to be active," he said.
The militant, whose identity was concealed for security reasons, has disclosed important information about his network, officials said.
About 20 security personnel and civilians were killed in the three attacks while 10 terrorists were either gunned down by security forces or blew themselves up.
The government has said banned groups Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Jaish-e-Muhammad and Sapah-e-Sahaba have joined hands with the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan to carry out terrorist attacks in Punjab, the country`s most populous province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo