Lahore twin blasts were suicide attacks: Officials
Lahore: Security officials and Bomb Disposal Squad personnel have claimed that Monday`s twin blasts that rocked Lahore`s Moon market killing more than 50 people and wounded over 100 others, were suicide attacks.
Iqbal Town Superintendent of Police (SP) Ali Nasir Rizvi said that the bodies of the attackers have been recovered from the blast site, and initial reports suggests that they were teenagers and belonged to southern Punjab.
According to Civil Defence District Officer Mazhar Ahmed, the material used in the twin blasts included ball bearings similar to that used in suicide jackets.
"10 kgs of explosives were used in the blasts. There is also a possibility that some hand grenades were also used in the blasts," Ahmed said.
DIG Investigation Shoaib Dastagir said police were carrying out the investigations according to the initial information.
"The attackers have transnational roots and it`s possible that they had local assistance, that is why we are investigating with the collaboration of security agencies as well," The Daily Times quoted Dastagir, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested