Landslide, accidents in Nepal; 12 killed, 5 missing
Kathmandu: Nine people, including eight of a family, have died after a landslide triggered by heavy rains struck a remote eastern district of Nepal while three more died after being swept away by a river, police said on Friday.
Asta Bahadur Siwa, 65, and seven of his family members were killed when the landslide struck his house at Singthapa in Taplejung district, 350 km east of Kathmandu on Wednesday night.
Three others went reported to be missing.
Meanwhile, search operations continued at the site for the second day today with the help of the Nepali Army and Armed Police Force personnel.
In another incident, three members of a family died after being swept away by Damilekhola river in Sindhuli district on Thursday morning, while two people were reported missing as a tanker plunged into a river in Dhading district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali