Landslide, accidents in Nepal; 12 killed, 5 missing
Kathmandu: Nine people, including eight of a family, have died after a landslide triggered by heavy rains struck a remote eastern district of Nepal while three more died after being swept away by a river, police said on Friday.
Asta Bahadur Siwa, 65, and seven of his family members were killed when the landslide struck his house at Singthapa in Taplejung district, 350 km east of Kathmandu on Wednesday night.
Three others went reported to be missing.
Meanwhile, search operations continued at the site for the second day today with the help of the Nepali Army and Armed Police Force personnel.
In another incident, three members of a family died after being swept away by Damilekhola river in Sindhuli district on Thursday morning, while two people were reported missing as a tanker plunged into a river in Dhading district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!