Landslide, accidents in Nepal; 12 killed, 5 missing
Kathmandu: Nine people, including eight of a family, have died after a landslide triggered by heavy rains struck a remote eastern district of Nepal while three more died after being swept away by a river, police said on Friday.
Asta Bahadur Siwa, 65, and seven of his family members were killed when the landslide struck his house at Singthapa in Taplejung district, 350 km east of Kathmandu on Wednesday night.
Three others went reported to be missing.
Meanwhile, search operations continued at the site for the second day today with the help of the Nepali Army and Armed Police Force personnel.
In another incident, three members of a family died after being swept away by Damilekhola river in Sindhuli district on Thursday morning, while two people were reported missing as a tanker plunged into a river in Dhading district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls