Lanka asks its citizens to avoid visiting Tamil Nadu
Colombo: Sri Lankan government has advised its citizens to refrain from visiting Tamil Nadu when travelling to India and requested them to travel with caution.
"The defence ministry informs people that when travelling to India on pilgrimage or for other purposes to avoid Tamil Nadu. This is in view of the recent incidents of violence faced by Sri Lankan nationals in Tamil Nadu," military spokesman Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasuriya said.
He said the tour organising groups are being advised to make travel itineraries via other airports of other states of India.
"Anyone wanting to travel to Tamil Nadu should do so only after giving notice of such travel to the Sri Lankan High Commission in Chennai and seeking advise," Wanigasuriya added.
Meanwhile, a group of monks staged a protest outside the Indian High Commission here for the second day today against the attack on Lankan Buddhist monks in India.
The protests took place despite assurances of safety for Sri Lankan nationals from the Indian High Commission following concerns raised by the Lankan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31