`Lanka in touch with India over bakery blast case`
Colombo: Sri Lanka is in touch with Indian
defence authorities over reported claims by an LeT terror
suspect and key accused in the Pune German bakery blast case
that he was trained in Colombo to carry out attacks on the
The Defence Attache at the Sri Lankan High Commission in
New Delhi is already in discussions with the Indian defence
authorities and a comprehensive report over the issue has been
sought by the External Affairs Ministry in Colombo, the `Daily
"We have informed our mission in New Delhi to investigate
this matter immediately. Our Defence Attache at the High
Commission is already in discussions with the defence
authorities in India over the claims and we have also sought
a detailed report," it quoted Sri Lankan External Ministry
sources as saying.
The `Daily Mirror` story follows reported claims by
29-year-old Mirza Himayat Baig, the alleged conspirator and
co-planter of the bomb placed at Pune`s German Bakery, that he
received his terror training in Colombo.
Indian police is now reportedly trying to get details
from Baig about where in Colombo the training camp was held.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'