`Lanka in touch with India over bakery blast case`
Colombo: Sri Lanka is in touch with Indian
defence authorities over reported claims by an LeT terror
suspect and key accused in the Pune German bakery blast case
that he was trained in Colombo to carry out attacks on the
The Defence Attache at the Sri Lankan High Commission in
New Delhi is already in discussions with the Indian defence
authorities and a comprehensive report over the issue has been
sought by the External Affairs Ministry in Colombo, the `Daily
"We have informed our mission in New Delhi to investigate
this matter immediately. Our Defence Attache at the High
Commission is already in discussions with the defence
authorities in India over the claims and we have also sought
a detailed report," it quoted Sri Lankan External Ministry
sources as saying.
The `Daily Mirror` story follows reported claims by
29-year-old Mirza Himayat Baig, the alleged conspirator and
co-planter of the bomb placed at Pune`s German Bakery, that he
received his terror training in Colombo.
Indian police is now reportedly trying to get details
from Baig about where in Colombo the training camp was held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy