Lanka, Pak agree to enhance bilateral cooperation
Colombo: Sri Lanka and Pakistan have agreed to enhance bilateral cooperation in many areas including trade and defence.
The two countries have agreed to further mutual cooperation in countering terrorism, transnational crime and training defence personnel, the Ministry of External Affairs said.
This was decided during the third round of political consultations held yesterday between the visiting Pakistani foreign secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani and his Sri Lankan counterpart Karunatillake Amunugama.
The two countries also agreed to enhance trade volumes in terms of the Pakistan-Sri Lanka Free Trade Agreement.
The two foreign secretaries also discussed matters concerning regional security and matters of mutual interest within the SAARC framework.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know