Lanka reconstructing television tower destroyed by LTTE
Colombo: Residents of erstwhile LTTE bastion Mullaitivu will soon be able to enjoy television programmes with the Sri Lankan government accelerating the reconstruction of a transmission tower which was destroyed by the rebels during the last phase of the 30-year-old civil war.
The reconstruction work of the tower in Kokavil in Mullaitivu, which was taken up in August last year, is at an advanced stage of completion.
"Once completed, the tower will provide benefits to telecommunication companies having presence in the North," an official statement said.
"The Government took immediate action to repair the tower as soon as the soldiers consolidated their power in the area," it said.
The Sri Lankan Army is also making a vital contribution to the restoration, the statement said adding the estimated cost of the three-stage project is Rs 220 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman