Lankan Navy opens fire in air to warn TN fishermen
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy on Tuesday opened two rounds of fire in the air to warn a group of Tamil fishermen near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation.
The fishermen told officials here on their return that they left the spot soon after the naval men fired in the air.
However, even after they began fishing near Arichalmunai in Indian waters, the naval personnel came there and ordered them to move further north, they said.
The naval men also destroyed some of their fishing nets, the fishermen told the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics