Lankan Navy opens fire in air to warn TN fishermen
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy on Tuesday opened two rounds of fire in the air to warn a group of Tamil fishermen near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation.
The fishermen told officials here on their return that they left the spot soon after the naval men fired in the air.
However, even after they began fishing near Arichalmunai in Indian waters, the naval personnel came there and ordered them to move further north, they said.
The naval men also destroyed some of their fishing nets, the fishermen told the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan