Lankan Navy opens fire in air to warn TN fishermen
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy on Tuesday opened two rounds of fire in the air to warn a group of Tamil fishermen near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation.
The fishermen told officials here on their return that they left the spot soon after the naval men fired in the air.
However, even after they began fishing near Arichalmunai in Indian waters, the naval personnel came there and ordered them to move further north, they said.
The naval men also destroyed some of their fishing nets, the fishermen told the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers