Lankan Navy opens fire in air to warn TN fishermen
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy on Tuesday opened two rounds of fire in the air to warn a group of Tamil fishermen near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation.
The fishermen told officials here on their return that they left the spot soon after the naval men fired in the air.
However, even after they began fishing near Arichalmunai in Indian waters, the naval personnel came there and ordered them to move further north, they said.
The naval men also destroyed some of their fishing nets, the fishermen told the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!