Late night, morning bombings in Afghanistan kill 14
Kabul: Afghan authorities say a bombing and an early morning explosion have killed 14 people in the country`s south. The first bombing occurred in Zabul province late yesterday, killing 11 people.
The deputy governor of the province, Mohammad Jahn Rasoulyar, says three of the dead were police officers while the rest were women and children. He did not provide a breakdown.
The second bombing took place this morning in Kandahar province and killed three there a mother and her two children. President Hamid Karzai`s office condemned the bombings today.
Meanwhile, the Afghan Defence Ministry said that 83 insurgents were killed during a week-long operation in the east that ended today.
Violence has been escalating recently as foreign troops continue their drawdown from Afghanistan.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative