Late night, morning bombings in Afghanistan kill 14
Kabul: Afghan authorities say a bombing and an early morning explosion have killed 14 people in the country`s south. The first bombing occurred in Zabul province late yesterday, killing 11 people.
The deputy governor of the province, Mohammad Jahn Rasoulyar, says three of the dead were police officers while the rest were women and children. He did not provide a breakdown.
The second bombing took place this morning in Kandahar province and killed three there a mother and her two children. President Hamid Karzai`s office condemned the bombings today.
Meanwhile, the Afghan Defence Ministry said that 83 insurgents were killed during a week-long operation in the east that ended today.
Violence has been escalating recently as foreign troops continue their drawdown from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar