Late night, morning bombings in Afghanistan kill 14
Kabul: Afghan authorities say a bombing and an early morning explosion have killed 14 people in the country`s south. The first bombing occurred in Zabul province late yesterday, killing 11 people.
The deputy governor of the province, Mohammad Jahn Rasoulyar, says three of the dead were police officers while the rest were women and children. He did not provide a breakdown.
The second bombing took place this morning in Kandahar province and killed three there a mother and her two children. President Hamid Karzai`s office condemned the bombings today.
Meanwhile, the Afghan Defence Ministry said that 83 insurgents were killed during a week-long operation in the east that ended today.
Violence has been escalating recently as foreign troops continue their drawdown from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble