Latif Khosa offers cooperation to PML-N through reconciliation process
Lahore: Newly-appointed Punjab Governor Sardar Latif Khosa has made an offer of cooperation and “cordial relations” to the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), as part of the reconciliation policy adopted by the Pakistan People`s Party.
Khosa said that after his visit to Naudero, he would meet PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif in the continuation of his efforts to reconcile differences with all political parties.
"I would develop cordial relations with the Punjab government through reconciliation process," Geo TV quoted Khosa, as saying to the media persons after a meeting with Interior Minister Abdul Rehman Malik, who had called on him at the Governor`s House in Lahore.
The Punjab Governor said the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) was founded to serve the masses of the country and give them self-esteem.
Khosa said he would turn Pakistan, and especially Punjab, into an oasis of peace, adding that every possible measure would be adopted to improve the law and order situation in the province.
To a question, he expressed deep sorrow and grief over the murder of a journalist in Karachi, and paid rich tributes to the late scribe who died in harness.
Speaking on the occasion, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said he had come to congratulate and extend his best wishes to Khosa on his elevation as Punjab Governor.
Earlier this week, President Asif Ali Zardari had appointed former Attorney General Khosa as the new Punjab Governor, following the assassination of Salmaan Taseer, who was shot by one of his own guards, Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qari, in an upmarket neighbourhood of Islamabad last Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly