Latif Khosa offers cooperation to PML-N through reconciliation process
Lahore: Newly-appointed Punjab Governor Sardar Latif Khosa has made an offer of cooperation and “cordial relations” to the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), as part of the reconciliation policy adopted by the Pakistan People`s Party.
Khosa said that after his visit to Naudero, he would meet PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif in the continuation of his efforts to reconcile differences with all political parties.
"I would develop cordial relations with the Punjab government through reconciliation process," Geo TV quoted Khosa, as saying to the media persons after a meeting with Interior Minister Abdul Rehman Malik, who had called on him at the Governor`s House in Lahore.
The Punjab Governor said the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) was founded to serve the masses of the country and give them self-esteem.
Khosa said he would turn Pakistan, and especially Punjab, into an oasis of peace, adding that every possible measure would be adopted to improve the law and order situation in the province.
To a question, he expressed deep sorrow and grief over the murder of a journalist in Karachi, and paid rich tributes to the late scribe who died in harness.
Speaking on the occasion, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said he had come to congratulate and extend his best wishes to Khosa on his elevation as Punjab Governor.
Earlier this week, President Asif Ali Zardari had appointed former Attorney General Khosa as the new Punjab Governor, following the assassination of Salmaan Taseer, who was shot by one of his own guards, Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qari, in an upmarket neighbourhood of Islamabad last Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali