Lawyer faces life threats after Musharraf`s arrest
Islamabad: The lawyer who withdrew his application against the former military ruler General Pervez Musharraf in judges` detention case is facing life threats after the general`s arrest.
Chaudhry Aslam Ghuman had filed the application against Musharraf over charges of confining 60 judges of superior courts during emergency in 2007 but later withdrew from the case citing that it is in `larger public interest`, The Dawn reports.
According to the report, the Supreme Court has received an application by Ghuman in which he claims being threatened by Col. (retd.) Ilyas, after Musharraf was arrested. Ghuman said that he is being threatened through obnoxious SMS and personally through different persons.
Expressing concern about his family members, Ghuman said that if anything happens to him or the family, Col. (retd.) Ilyas would be responsible. However, Ilyas denied all the claims made by Ghuman and even failed to recognize him. Ilyas said that he is a security advisor and has not sent any SMS or call to the person who has made these claims.
As Musharraf has been granted bail by the Islamabad High Court, Ilyas said that he is currently looking after the affairs related to security of the former president since his return to Pakistan in March.
Ilyas further said that he has not received any query from the Supreme Court regarding the allegations made by Ghuman and he would address the questions if he receives any application, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested