Lawyer seeks elimination of ISI`s political wing
Islamabad: A lawyer on Tuesday petitioned
Pakistan`s Supreme Court to eliminate the political wing of
the Inter-Services Intelligence agency, which has often been
accused of meddling in the affairs of political parties.
The application was moved by Wahabul Khairi, who named
the President, Prime Minister, Army Chief and the ISI chief as
The application contended that the political cell of the
ISI violated the basic rights of citizens as enshrined in
Clause 17(2) of the Constitution.
Khairi asked the court to take up his application along
with former Pakistan Air Force chief Asghar Khan’s 16-year-old
petition on the alleged funding of politicians by the ISI.
The apex court is set to begin hearing Khan’s petition
Khan has been represented by Khairi in the case related
to the ISI`s alleged role in disbursing money among
politicians in the 1990s to build a coalition opposed to the
Pakistan People`s Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi