Lawyer seeks elimination of ISI`s political wing
Islamabad: A lawyer on Tuesday petitioned
Pakistan`s Supreme Court to eliminate the political wing of
the Inter-Services Intelligence agency, which has often been
accused of meddling in the affairs of political parties.
The application was moved by Wahabul Khairi, who named
the President, Prime Minister, Army Chief and the ISI chief as
The application contended that the political cell of the
ISI violated the basic rights of citizens as enshrined in
Clause 17(2) of the Constitution.
Khairi asked the court to take up his application along
with former Pakistan Air Force chief Asghar Khan’s 16-year-old
petition on the alleged funding of politicians by the ISI.
The apex court is set to begin hearing Khan’s petition
Khan has been represented by Khairi in the case related
to the ISI`s alleged role in disbursing money among
politicians in the 1990s to build a coalition opposed to the
Pakistan People`s Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!