Lawyer shot dead in Peshawar
Islamabad: A prominent lawyer was shot and killed by unidentified gunmen in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan on Friday, police said.
Malik Jarrar was driving his children to school when two men riding a motorcycle fired at him at Gulbahar Road in Peshawar.
Jarrar was killed instantly while his children remained unhurt, police officials said.
The attackers fled after the shooting.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Police registered a case and launched a search for the killers.
Lawyers` organisations protested against the killing and decided to boycott work at all courts for two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city