Learn from UK PM: Hafiz Saeed to Pakistani leaders
London: Lashkar-i-Toiba founder and the 2008 Mumbai terror attack`s alleged mastermind Hafeez Saeed has asked Pakistani leaders to aspire to be more like British Prime Minister David Cameron and Tory politician Boris Johnson.
Saeed has professed his admiration for Cameron and Johnson`s bike-riding "Islamic" lifestyles when he lodged a petition in the Lahore High Court calling for public officials in Pakistan to tone down their privileged lifestyles, Daily Mail reported.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Saeed wrote in the petition that while Pakistan`s political elite were "living like kings and princes in palatial government houses," Britain`s prime minister lived in a four-bedroom flat.
"When the sun never set on the British Empire, the chief executive of that great country lived in the same house of a few marlas in a small street.
"That is truly Islamic, that is like following the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet," he added.
Saeed stated President Asif Ali Zardari travelled to Britain recently by private jet paid for by the Pakistani state.
Raja Pervez Ashraf, who became prime minister last month, is also reported to have had a helipad set up at his Islamabad home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday