LeB claims responsibility for Pak naval base attack
Islamabad: The Lashkar-e-Balochistan has
claimed responsibility for a bombing at the gate of a navy
base in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi that killed a
The bomb, hidden in a motorcycle that was parked near
the gate of the naval base, killed the naval policeman and
injured three others yesterday.
Media reports today said the Lashkar-e-Balochistan,
which is linked to the Balochistan Liberation Army, had
claimed responsibility of the attack.
Police said the attackers apparently wanted to carry
out a suicide strike but were unable to do so due to the
stringent security at the naval base.
The attackers also were forced to park the motorcycle
outside the base and this limited the damage caused by the
Officials also said the attackers may have wanted to
target an ammunition depot located near the site of the blast.
Police arrested two suspects after the blast and
they were taken to an undisclosed location for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’