LeB claims responsibility for Pak naval base attack
Islamabad: The Lashkar-e-Balochistan has
claimed responsibility for a bombing at the gate of a navy
base in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi that killed a
The bomb, hidden in a motorcycle that was parked near
the gate of the naval base, killed the naval policeman and
injured three others yesterday.
Media reports today said the Lashkar-e-Balochistan,
which is linked to the Balochistan Liberation Army, had
claimed responsibility of the attack.
Police said the attackers apparently wanted to carry
out a suicide strike but were unable to do so due to the
stringent security at the naval base.
The attackers also were forced to park the motorcycle
outside the base and this limited the damage caused by the
Officials also said the attackers may have wanted to
target an ammunition depot located near the site of the blast.
Police arrested two suspects after the blast and
they were taken to an undisclosed location for questioning.
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success
- Bangladesh: A journey of shared history and common destiny with India
- English Premier League: Is Leicester City's 5,000-1 upset the greatest sporting shock ever?
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics