LeB claims responsibility for Pak naval base attack
Islamabad: The Lashkar-e-Balochistan has
claimed responsibility for a bombing at the gate of a navy
base in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi that killed a
The bomb, hidden in a motorcycle that was parked near
the gate of the naval base, killed the naval policeman and
injured three others yesterday.
Media reports today said the Lashkar-e-Balochistan,
which is linked to the Balochistan Liberation Army, had
claimed responsibility of the attack.
Police said the attackers apparently wanted to carry
out a suicide strike but were unable to do so due to the
stringent security at the naval base.
The attackers also were forced to park the motorcycle
outside the base and this limited the damage caused by the
Officials also said the attackers may have wanted to
target an ammunition depot located near the site of the blast.
Police arrested two suspects after the blast and
they were taken to an undisclosed location for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown