LeT trained Jundal for 9/11 repeat in India
New Delhi: In a nerve-wracking revelation, Mumbai terror attack plotter Syed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal has told Delhi Police officials who are grilling him that he was trained by Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) to fly planes.
According to an Indian news daily, Jundal told officials that the Pakistan-based terror outfit had planned to use three terrorists, including him, to launch a 9/11-style attacks to destroy high-rise commercial centres and big dams in India.
The interrogators said, requesting anonymity, that it has been now revealed that LeT had added flight training to its ‘curriculum’ of its revived ‘naval wing’.
“Jundal was among two other men from Maharashtra — Fayyaz Kagzi from Beed and Mohammad Rahil Sheikh from Thane — who had been recruited together and received maritime and aviation training in Karachi. The elementary flying and seafaring classes took place when they went to Pakistan after the Aurangabad arms haul of 2006, in which Jundal played a key role,” said the daily citing an officer.
“Both kinds of training had been imparted in the Malir Cantonment area in Karachi. While naval training had been essential to ensure that the men would reach Indian shores safely, the air training would have come in handy later,” the officer said.
Jundal, who was arrested by Delhi Police earlier this week, has admitted his active role in the 26/11 attack, saying he had worked in close tandem with terror mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi. The remand of the LeT terrorist will expire on July 05.
Investigators claimed that Jundal told them that he was recruited into LeT in 2005 by a person hailing from Kashmir. He was indoctrinated after the post-Godhra riots, police sources said.
Jundal`s wife, a Pakistani woman, is the daughter of an LeT operative. His wife is now in Karachi, they claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!