Liang, Butt discusses military cooperation
Beijing: China and Pakistan on Monday discussed plans to step up their defence cooperation.
Chinese Defense Minister General Liang Guanglie met the visiting Pakistani Chief of Air Staff Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt to discuss bilateral military ties, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
Both sides already have close cooperation between their Air Forces as they jointly develop JF-17 Thunder fighter jet.
Liang said the two countries` armed forces maintained close relations, which was a strong support for bilateral ties.
Appreciating China`s long-standing assistance, Butt said Pakistan attached great importance to their mutual friendship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'