Liang, Butt discusses military cooperation
Beijing: China and Pakistan on Monday discussed plans to step up their defence cooperation.
Chinese Defense Minister General Liang Guanglie met the visiting Pakistani Chief of Air Staff Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt to discuss bilateral military ties, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
Both sides already have close cooperation between their Air Forces as they jointly develop JF-17 Thunder fighter jet.
Liang said the two countries` armed forces maintained close relations, which was a strong support for bilateral ties.
Appreciating China`s long-standing assistance, Butt said Pakistan attached great importance to their mutual friendship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert