Like Mush, AQ Khan a hit on Facebook too!
Islamabad: Pakistan`s disgraced nuclear scientist AQ Khan has a strong following on social networking website Facebook - even though it may not be Khan who is posting on his fan page.
"This unofficial fan page of Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan was created for the millions who want to voice their appreciation and gratitude to this great man as well as have a platform for discussion on current Pakistani events," reads the note on the "Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan" public figure page.
Though the fan page was launched sometime last year, the activity on the page has picked up since June.
At last count there were about 92,000 Facebookers following Khan.
The format and contents of the fan page are quite similar to that of former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, who has used the social networking site to connect to his fans in a big way.
And "Khan" has been posting food for thought for fellow Pakistanis a la Musharraf.
"Great to see 165,675 members on Quaid-e-Azam`s page. Let`s all try our best to get +200,000 members before August 14th! And while we are on this topic, let me ask.”
"If our great Quaid-e-Azam were to come back to Pakistan for one day what would you say to him? Most importantly what do you think he would say to you?" reads the note by "Khan".
From reformation of the Pakistani education system, the energy crisis in the country, to a solution to the Kashmir problem -- all important issues are being discussed on this fan page.
"For 60+ years Kashmir has been a disputed piece of land under occupation by Indian forces. Although a UN resolution was passed to resolve the dispute, do you think it will ever happen? Yes or No? And why?”
“Lastly, what do you think is the best eventual outcome for Occupied Kashmir? Should it remain with India? Should it join Pakistan? Or should it really become an `Azad` Kashmir," reads the thread started by "Khan" a few hours ago.
In a related note, "Khan" urges Pakistanis to support "Kashmiri brothers and sisters in Occupied Kashmir".
"We are all disturbed and angered by the recent Indian aggression in occupied Kashmir against innocent civilians. Many children and elders have been targeted by the Indian forces throughout the occupied valley.”
“When will India realise that Kashmiris do not (and have never) wanted to be under Indian rule? Let us all support our Kashmiri brothers and sisters in occupied Kashmir during this troubling time?"
The note on FB page informs that "Khan" is affiliated to "Khan Research Laboratories", which is located in Rawalpindi Cantonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now