Looking forward to work with new ISI chief: US
Washington: The US is looking forward to work
with the new head of Inter-Services Intelligence of Pakistan,
Pentagon said, noting the US-Pak relationship is critical for
the region and Afghanistan.
"We look forward to working with the new chief," the
Pentagon spokesman, Navy Captain John Kirby, said yesterday,
when asked about announcement of the new ISI Chief.
On March 18, Lieutenant Gen Zaheer ul-Islam would replace
Lieutenant Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha as the new ISI chief.
Under Pasha, Americas relationship with Pak`s top spy
agency had hit a new low.
"We look forward to having a good partnership with
Pakistan moving forward. That`s what our focus is on. We
believe it is critical for the region and for the mission in
Afghanistan," Kirby said.
However, he said that the US has nothing to say on the
appointment and the decision.
"This is the decision that the civilian leadership of the
nation of Pakistan get to make. It is not for us to make the
comment one way or the other their appointments to high
office," said the Pentagon spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you