Looking forward to work with new ISI chief: US
Washington: The US is looking forward to work
with the new head of Inter-Services Intelligence of Pakistan,
Pentagon said, noting the US-Pak relationship is critical for
the region and Afghanistan.
"We look forward to working with the new chief," the
Pentagon spokesman, Navy Captain John Kirby, said yesterday,
when asked about announcement of the new ISI Chief.
On March 18, Lieutenant Gen Zaheer ul-Islam would replace
Lieutenant Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha as the new ISI chief.
Under Pasha, Americas relationship with Pak`s top spy
agency had hit a new low.
"We look forward to having a good partnership with
Pakistan moving forward. That`s what our focus is on. We
believe it is critical for the region and for the mission in
Afghanistan," Kirby said.
However, he said that the US has nothing to say on the
appointment and the decision.
"This is the decision that the civilian leadership of the
nation of Pakistan get to make. It is not for us to make the
comment one way or the other their appointments to high
office," said the Pentagon spokesman.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC