Looking forward to work with new ISI chief: US
Washington: The US is looking forward to work
with the new head of Inter-Services Intelligence of Pakistan,
Pentagon said, noting the US-Pak relationship is critical for
the region and Afghanistan.
"We look forward to working with the new chief," the
Pentagon spokesman, Navy Captain John Kirby, said yesterday,
when asked about announcement of the new ISI Chief.
On March 18, Lieutenant Gen Zaheer ul-Islam would replace
Lieutenant Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha as the new ISI chief.
Under Pasha, Americas relationship with Pak`s top spy
agency had hit a new low.
"We look forward to having a good partnership with
Pakistan moving forward. That`s what our focus is on. We
believe it is critical for the region and for the mission in
Afghanistan," Kirby said.
However, he said that the US has nothing to say on the
appointment and the decision.
"This is the decision that the civilian leadership of the
nation of Pakistan get to make. It is not for us to make the
comment one way or the other their appointments to high
office," said the Pentagon spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month