Low intensity bomb goes off at Pak airport
Islamabad: A low intensity explosive device hidden in a bag went off in the parking lot of the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Rawalpindi on Thursday while members of a bomb disposal squad were examining it, officials said.
Airport security officials called in the bomb disposal squad after security guards spotted the bag in the parking lot.
The low intensity device exploded when members of the bomb disposal squad tried to open the bag.
The blast caused panic in the area though there were no casualties, officials said.
The explosion did not cause any damage. The bag was found near a government vehicle, officials said.
Security personnel and the bomb disposal squad swept the area after the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back