Low intensity bomb goes off at Pak airport
Islamabad: A low intensity explosive device hidden in a bag went off in the parking lot of the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Rawalpindi on Thursday while members of a bomb disposal squad were examining it, officials said.
Airport security officials called in the bomb disposal squad after security guards spotted the bag in the parking lot.
The low intensity device exploded when members of the bomb disposal squad tried to open the bag.
The blast caused panic in the area though there were no casualties, officials said.
The explosion did not cause any damage. The bag was found near a government vehicle, officials said.
Security personnel and the bomb disposal squad swept the area after the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP