Low intensity bomb goes off at Pak airport
Islamabad: A low intensity explosive device hidden in a bag went off in the parking lot of the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Rawalpindi on Thursday while members of a bomb disposal squad were examining it, officials said.
Airport security officials called in the bomb disposal squad after security guards spotted the bag in the parking lot.
The low intensity device exploded when members of the bomb disposal squad tried to open the bag.
The blast caused panic in the area though there were no casualties, officials said.
The explosion did not cause any damage. The bag was found near a government vehicle, officials said.
Security personnel and the bomb disposal squad swept the area after the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav's doping case: WFI rallies behind beleaguered wrestler, backs 'conspiracy' claims
- Two NDFB militants killed in Assam's Kokrajhar
- This Islamic outfit is opposing installation of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's statue - Know why
- BSF trooper stabs colleague, escapes with weapon in J&K
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action