Low intensity bomb goes off at Pak airport
Islamabad: A low intensity explosive device hidden in a bag went off in the parking lot of the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Rawalpindi on Thursday while members of a bomb disposal squad were examining it, officials said.
Airport security officials called in the bomb disposal squad after security guards spotted the bag in the parking lot.
The low intensity device exploded when members of the bomb disposal squad tried to open the bag.
The blast caused panic in the area though there were no casualties, officials said.
The explosion did not cause any damage. The bag was found near a government vehicle, officials said.
Security personnel and the bomb disposal squad swept the area after the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss