‘LTTE fabricated videos to gain propaganda advantage`
Colombo: The Tamil Tigers fabricated video footage to demonise Sri Lankan military and distributed them among international media to gain propaganda advantage, the now defunct LTTE`s former media co-ordinator has claimed.
Velayudam Dayanidhi alias Daya Master told state-owned ITN television that fabricated footage produced in 2002 during the ceasefire with the Army was distributed internationally.
"The footage used by Channel 4 are those fabricated footage issued by the LTTE," Daya Master said.
The British Channel 4 television telecast video footage titled `Sri Lanka killing fields 1 and 2` and `Sri Lanka killing fields - war crimes unpunished` which it alleged carry incriminating evidence of war crimes committed by Lankan troops.
The government has dismissed the Channel 4 videos as fabrications.
On the allegation of LTTE chief V Prabakaran`s 12-year-old son Balachandran`s killing by army in the latest Channel 4 video, Daya Master said Balachandran was under tight protection of LTTE guards and he may have been shot by LTTE guards when tried to flee.
The government has accused the Channel 4 of running a smear campaign against Sri Lanka to coincide with the ongoing UN Human Rights Council sessions in Geneva.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt