‘LTTE fabricated videos to gain propaganda advantage`
Colombo: The Tamil Tigers fabricated video footage to demonise Sri Lankan military and distributed them among international media to gain propaganda advantage, the now defunct LTTE`s former media co-ordinator has claimed.
Velayudam Dayanidhi alias Daya Master told state-owned ITN television that fabricated footage produced in 2002 during the ceasefire with the Army was distributed internationally.
"The footage used by Channel 4 are those fabricated footage issued by the LTTE," Daya Master said.
The British Channel 4 television telecast video footage titled `Sri Lanka killing fields 1 and 2` and `Sri Lanka killing fields - war crimes unpunished` which it alleged carry incriminating evidence of war crimes committed by Lankan troops.
The government has dismissed the Channel 4 videos as fabrications.
On the allegation of LTTE chief V Prabakaran`s 12-year-old son Balachandran`s killing by army in the latest Channel 4 video, Daya Master said Balachandran was under tight protection of LTTE guards and he may have been shot by LTTE guards when tried to flee.
The government has accused the Channel 4 of running a smear campaign against Sri Lanka to coincide with the ongoing UN Human Rights Council sessions in Geneva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest