Maitree Express timings revised from Aug 1
New Delhi: Railways on Thursday decided to
revise the timings of Maitree Express between Kolkata and
Dhaka from August 1 on the request of the Bangladesh Railways.
"They (Bangladesh Railways) sought a revision in
timings from Dhaka for benefit of passengers," said sources in
the Railway Ministry.
The train will now depart from Dhaka Cantonment
station at 8.30 AM on Tuesdays and Sundays and will reach
Kolkata at 6.45 PM the same day instead of 9 PM.
In its return journey, it will leave from Kolkata at
7.10 AM on Wednesdays and Saturdays and will arrive at Dhaka
Cantt at 7.30 PM the same day.
This is the second time in less than a week that the
Railways have revised the timings of the train.
With the changes in timings, travel time on Maitree
Express from Kolkata to Dhaka has reduced from 11 hours 50
minutes to 10 hours 50 minutes and the time of return journey
reduced from 13 hours to 11 hours 45 minutes.
The train was introduced between Kolkata and Dhaka in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'