Maitree Express timings revised from Aug 1
New Delhi: Railways on Thursday decided to
revise the timings of Maitree Express between Kolkata and
Dhaka from August 1 on the request of the Bangladesh Railways.
"They (Bangladesh Railways) sought a revision in
timings from Dhaka for benefit of passengers," said sources in
the Railway Ministry.
The train will now depart from Dhaka Cantonment
station at 8.30 AM on Tuesdays and Sundays and will reach
Kolkata at 6.45 PM the same day instead of 9 PM.
In its return journey, it will leave from Kolkata at
7.10 AM on Wednesdays and Saturdays and will arrive at Dhaka
Cantt at 7.30 PM the same day.
This is the second time in less than a week that the
Railways have revised the timings of the train.
With the changes in timings, travel time on Maitree
Express from Kolkata to Dhaka has reduced from 11 hours 50
minutes to 10 hours 50 minutes and the time of return journey
reduced from 13 hours to 11 hours 45 minutes.
The train was introduced between Kolkata and Dhaka in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference