Maitree Express timings revised from Aug 1
New Delhi: Railways on Thursday decided to
revise the timings of Maitree Express between Kolkata and
Dhaka from August 1 on the request of the Bangladesh Railways.
"They (Bangladesh Railways) sought a revision in
timings from Dhaka for benefit of passengers," said sources in
the Railway Ministry.
The train will now depart from Dhaka Cantonment
station at 8.30 AM on Tuesdays and Sundays and will reach
Kolkata at 6.45 PM the same day instead of 9 PM.
In its return journey, it will leave from Kolkata at
7.10 AM on Wednesdays and Saturdays and will arrive at Dhaka
Cantt at 7.30 PM the same day.
This is the second time in less than a week that the
Railways have revised the timings of the train.
With the changes in timings, travel time on Maitree
Express from Kolkata to Dhaka has reduced from 11 hours 50
minutes to 10 hours 50 minutes and the time of return journey
reduced from 13 hours to 11 hours 45 minutes.
The train was introduced between Kolkata and Dhaka in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands