Major NATO operation near Pak border on anvil
Islamabad: NATO forces have stepped up operations against the Taliban, and are making full preparations for a major military action against the militant group near Pakistan border.
The military build up has been confirmed by people looming from the Afghan townships Naushki, Sar Lath, Shorawak, and reporting the presence of heavy guns, armoured vehicles and helicopter gunship.
Local media persons have also confirmed the NATO military build-up close to Afghanistan’s borders with Pakistan near Naushki, The Daily Times reports.
According to border residents, spy planes are flying in the region, but have not crossed into the Pakistani territory.
In some cases they are flying to identify movement of people on foot or in vehicles, the paper quoted some sources, as saying.
According to the paper, NATO forces and their Afghan allies are getting massive military supplies from Kandahar and Spin Boldak areas close to Chaman.
Sources believe that after dislodging Afghan Taliban from Helmand and its surroundings by the ISAF supported by the Afghan National Army a few years back, it will be a major military push to flush out Taliban, both Pakistani and Afghan, using the territory as a sanctuary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway