Malala attack:120 suspects, including 3 Taliban militants, held
Islamabad: Around 120 suspects, including three Taliban militants, have been detained in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region for their involvement in the attack in which Malala Yousufzai and two of her friends were injured, a media report said.
Police in Nowshera arrested three brothers -- members of the banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Swat -- for their involvement in the attack, Dawn News reported.
Police Saturday raided a house in Tarkha village of Akbarpura and arrested Qari Inamullah, Obaidullah and Abdul Hadi, hailing from Mingora in Swat valley.
The report said the three brothers are loyal to hardliner cleric Maulana Fazlullah.
The father of the suspects, Haji Abdul Rehman, is a prayer leader in a mosque in Tarkha.
The number of detained suspects rose to 120 after the arrest of 50 more people from Swat and other parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Geo News said four people, including a guard and an accountant of Malala`s school were taken into custody, and they revealed the identity of the attackers.
The 14-year-old Malala and her two friends -- Kainat and Shazia -- were shot at in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province while they were returning home from school Tuesday. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the shooting that sparked outrage across the world.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview