Malala is inspiration for all: US
Washington: The bravery and courage of young Pakistani education activist Malala Yousufzai, is an inspiration for all, the US said on Friday lauding the teenager who is to undergo a cranial surgery in the UK.
Malala, who was shot in the head by Taliban militants, was discharged temporarily from a London hospital today before she undergoes a surgery.
"Our thoughts and prayers remain with her and with her family. And her bravery and courage are just an inspiration for all of us," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
She was responding to a question on Malala`s discharge.
The British doctors treating her said she made "excellent progress in her recovery".
15-year-old Malala would continue her rehabilitation at her family`s temporary English home before undergoing major reconstructive surgery in a few weeks, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune