Malala to have cranial reconstruction surgery in UK
London: Pakistani teenage woman education activist Malala Yousafzai will undergo reconstructive surgery in the next month in the UK.
Yousafzai, 15, is being treated at Birmingham`s Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEHB) after being attacked by the Pakistan Taliban in October this year.
According to the hospital`s trust, she will have cranial reconstruction surgery in late January or early February, the BBC reports.
Meanwhile, medical director Dr Dave Rosser said that ‘Malala has continued to make great progress in her treatment’.
The Taliban have said it shot Malala, a campaigner for girls` education, for "promoting secularism".
Doctors said the bullet grazed the teenager`s brain when it struck her just above her left eye in the incident in the Swat Valley.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!