Malala wants every child in world to be educated
London: Pakistani teen activist, Malala Yousufzai, who was operated upon by doctors in Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham to restore her hearing, has said she is getting better day by day and thanked everyone for their prayers.
The 15-year-old, who spoke clearly but with a slight stiffness in her upper lip, said she has been making progress because of all people - men, women, children - who have prayed for her, reports the Telegraph. Malala said she wants to serve the people, and said she wants every girl and every child to be educated. She said that is the reason why the Malala Fund has been introduced.
The Malala Fund is a girls` education charity set up in late 2012. It launched with a 10 million dollar donation from Pakistan. Malala was shot by Taliban militants on Oct. 9 while she was returning home from school in northwestern Pakistan.
The terror outfit said they targeted her because she promoted girls` education and criticised the group`s behaviour when it took over the Swat Valley where she lived. Malala was airlifted to Britain from Pakistan in October to receive specialised medical care and protection against further Taliban threats.
She is expected to remain in the UK for some time as her father, Ziauddin, has received a diplomatic post based in the English city of Birmingham. The shooting sparked outrage across the world.
In a sign of her impact, the teen made the shortlist for Time magazine`s "Person of the Year" for 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents