Malala wants every child in world to be educated
London: Pakistani teen activist, Malala Yousufzai, who was operated upon by doctors in Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham to restore her hearing, has said she is getting better day by day and thanked everyone for their prayers.
The 15-year-old, who spoke clearly but with a slight stiffness in her upper lip, said she has been making progress because of all people - men, women, children - who have prayed for her, reports the Telegraph. Malala said she wants to serve the people, and said she wants every girl and every child to be educated. She said that is the reason why the Malala Fund has been introduced.
The Malala Fund is a girls` education charity set up in late 2012. It launched with a 10 million dollar donation from Pakistan. Malala was shot by Taliban militants on Oct. 9 while she was returning home from school in northwestern Pakistan.
The terror outfit said they targeted her because she promoted girls` education and criticised the group`s behaviour when it took over the Swat Valley where she lived. Malala was airlifted to Britain from Pakistan in October to receive specialised medical care and protection against further Taliban threats.
She is expected to remain in the UK for some time as her father, Ziauddin, has received a diplomatic post based in the English city of Birmingham. The shooting sparked outrage across the world.
In a sign of her impact, the teen made the shortlist for Time magazine`s "Person of the Year" for 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees