Malala Yousufzai to be subject of documentary film
Islamabad: Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban last year for demanding education for girls, will be the subject of a documentary film.
Davis Guggenheim, who won an Oscar for environmental documentary `An Inconvenient Truth` in 2006, will direct the yet-to-be-titled documentary, which is slated to be released in late 2014.
Producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald said the film will follow Yousafzai as she campaigns for the right of children to education, Dawn News reports.
According to the report, the film will be funded by Image Nation Abu Dhabi, a subsidiary of government-owned Abu Dhabi Media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state