Malala’s friends back to school
Mingora: Malala Yousufzai’s friends - Shazia Ramazan and Kainat Riaz, who were injured during Taliban shooting in October, have finally returned to school.
A Taliban gunman had opened fire on Malala outside the Khushal School for Girls, wounding her along with two other friends - Shazia and Kainat in the frenzy of bullets.
“For a long time it seemed fear was in my heart. I couldn’t stop it. But now I am not afraid, Shazia told a news agency.
Teenager Malala, since she turned 11, has been encouraging fellow Pakistanis to stand up to the Taliban, who have been trying to push girls out of classrooms.
Malala, the 15-year-old who became a symbol of resistance of Taliban`s anti girl education stand, was shot in the head Oct 9. She came to prominence in 2009 when she started writing a diary for BBC Urdu about life under the Taliban.
Malala is currently undergoing treatment in Britain and recovering. The Taliban said they had targeted her for "promoting secularism".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir