Maldivian political parties meet for talks
Male: With just three days left for the Maldivian Parliament session to begin, all political parties including the MDP of ousted president Mohammed Nasheed met for discussions, though no clear understanding could be reached regarding early elections.
The all-party talks were held last night and sources said there were a lot of differences among the parties who support the present government headed by President Mohammed Waheed and the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP).
Sources said the discussion on the roadmap drawn by Waheed is going on but not at great speed.
It is very much clear that the roadmap discussions will bear the fruit but we don`t know exactly when it will happen, sources said.
Even though MDP parliamentary group leader Ibrahim Mohamed Solih said last night that he is willing to participate at the talks, there are some party members who believe that government should give an ultimatum for the Presidential Elections before the opening of Parliament on March 01.
However, the current regime has said that the Constitution has to be amended if there is going to be an early election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?