Maldivian political parties meet for talks
Male: With just three days left for the Maldivian Parliament session to begin, all political parties including the MDP of ousted president Mohammed Nasheed met for discussions, though no clear understanding could be reached regarding early elections.
The all-party talks were held last night and sources said there were a lot of differences among the parties who support the present government headed by President Mohammed Waheed and the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP).
Sources said the discussion on the roadmap drawn by Waheed is going on but not at great speed.
It is very much clear that the roadmap discussions will bear the fruit but we don`t know exactly when it will happen, sources said.
Even though MDP parliamentary group leader Ibrahim Mohamed Solih said last night that he is willing to participate at the talks, there are some party members who believe that government should give an ultimatum for the Presidential Elections before the opening of Parliament on March 01.
However, the current regime has said that the Constitution has to be amended if there is going to be an early election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan