Man arrested for burying dog near graveyard in Pak
Islamabad: Pakistani police arrested a man in the garrison city of Rawalpindi for trying to bury his dog near a graveyard, according to a media report on Tuesday.
The man, who was not identified, was arrested under a provision of the Pakistan Penal Code related to trespassing burial places even though he had not entered the cemetery.
Shahzad Town police station chief Fayaz Ranjha told the Dawn newspaper that the man was later sent to Adiala Jail on judicial remand.
Students from a madrassa spotted the man digging a grave near a graveyard in Shakrial with a shroud-wrapped body lying nearby.
The students informed local residents and dozens of people gathered at the spot.
When the crowd saw that the shroud contained the body of a dog, they went to the police.
Ranjha said the man had been digging a grave next to the graveyard, and not within it, but the police arrested him to "defuse sentiments".
During his interrogation, the man explained that the dog was a pet he had found on the road and raised for a long time.
When the dog died on Sunday, he decided to give it a proper burial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday