Man arrested in Pak under blasphemy law
Islamabad: Police on Wednesday arrested a man under the controversial blasphemy law for allegedly desecrating the Quran at Hangu in Pakistan`s northwest.
Saiful Malook, a resident of Kotki Bala in Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, was injured when some persons fired at him while he was allegedly burning copies of the Quran, police said.
Malook was admitted to a private hospital.
On receiving information about the incident, police took him into custody to prevent a further deterioration of the situation, officials said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Gul Jamal confirmed the arrest of Malook.
He said a case had been registered against him under the blasphemy law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug