Man arrested in Pak under blasphemy law
Islamabad: Police on Wednesday arrested a man under the controversial blasphemy law for allegedly desecrating the Quran at Hangu in Pakistan`s northwest.
Saiful Malook, a resident of Kotki Bala in Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, was injured when some persons fired at him while he was allegedly burning copies of the Quran, police said.
Malook was admitted to a private hospital.
On receiving information about the incident, police took him into custody to prevent a further deterioration of the situation, officials said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Gul Jamal confirmed the arrest of Malook.
He said a case had been registered against him under the blasphemy law.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India