Man arrested in Pak under blasphemy law
Islamabad: Police on Wednesday arrested a man under the controversial blasphemy law for allegedly desecrating the Quran at Hangu in Pakistan`s northwest.
Saiful Malook, a resident of Kotki Bala in Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, was injured when some persons fired at him while he was allegedly burning copies of the Quran, police said.
Malook was admitted to a private hospital.
On receiving information about the incident, police took him into custody to prevent a further deterioration of the situation, officials said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Gul Jamal confirmed the arrest of Malook.
He said a case had been registered against him under the blasphemy law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand