Man attacks wife, her family with acid in Pak`s Punjab
Lahore: A man allegedly attacked his wife, her mother and her two minor sisters with acid after a quarrel in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Wednesday, police said.
The incident occurred in Okara district, 100 km from Lahore, police officials said.
According to an FIR, Muhammad Shahid and Iqra Bibi got married a few months ago but she left him and returned to her parent`s house after developing differences with him.
She also filed a suite in court for dissolution of the marriage.
After failing to convince Iqra to shun differences and return to him, Shahid entered her house at midnight on Tuesday and attacked Iqra, her mother Faizan Bibi and sisters, Nasira, 8, and Mehwish, 5, with acid and fled.
Iqra and her kin were taken to the District Headquarters Hospital, where doctors described the condition of Iqra and Faizan Bibi as critical.
Police registered a case and conducted raids to trace Shahid.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India