Man attacks wife, her family with acid in Pak`s Punjab
Lahore: A man allegedly attacked his wife, her mother and her two minor sisters with acid after a quarrel in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Wednesday, police said.
The incident occurred in Okara district, 100 km from Lahore, police officials said.
According to an FIR, Muhammad Shahid and Iqra Bibi got married a few months ago but she left him and returned to her parent`s house after developing differences with him.
She also filed a suite in court for dissolution of the marriage.
After failing to convince Iqra to shun differences and return to him, Shahid entered her house at midnight on Tuesday and attacked Iqra, her mother Faizan Bibi and sisters, Nasira, 8, and Mehwish, 5, with acid and fled.
Iqra and her kin were taken to the District Headquarters Hospital, where doctors described the condition of Iqra and Faizan Bibi as critical.
Police registered a case and conducted raids to trace Shahid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends