Man buries his two-day old daughter alive in Pak
Lahore: In a horrific incident, a father in Pakistan`s Punjab province allegedly buried alive his two-day-old daughter because her face was deformed.
Chand Khan, a resident of Kacha Khu area in Khanewal city, allegedly buried the girl yesterday and has now been arrested.
His brother and son were present at the burial, which was conducted after a cleric offered funeral prayers. The child`s mother was still in hospital at the time.
The cleric got suspicious after he heard the infant crying during the rituals and informed local residents.
Khan, his brother and son were handed over to police by the local residents, officials said.
Omar Farooq, the doctor who delivered the baby, told the media that the girl was healthy but had an unusually large face and her features were "not normal".
Khan claimed his daughter had died at birth and the cleric had imagined he had heard her crying during the funeral.
Khan has five other children three boys and two girls.
One of Khan`s sons, Shehbaz, claimed he had his father had done the right thing by burying the girl alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued