Man buries his two-day old daughter alive in Pak
Lahore: In a horrific incident, a father in Pakistan`s Punjab province allegedly buried alive his two-day-old daughter because her face was deformed.
Chand Khan, a resident of Kacha Khu area in Khanewal city, allegedly buried the girl yesterday and has now been arrested.
His brother and son were present at the burial, which was conducted after a cleric offered funeral prayers. The child`s mother was still in hospital at the time.
The cleric got suspicious after he heard the infant crying during the rituals and informed local residents.
Khan, his brother and son were handed over to police by the local residents, officials said.
Omar Farooq, the doctor who delivered the baby, told the media that the girl was healthy but had an unusually large face and her features were "not normal".
Khan claimed his daughter had died at birth and the cleric had imagined he had heard her crying during the funeral.
Khan has five other children three boys and two girls.
One of Khan`s sons, Shehbaz, claimed he had his father had done the right thing by burying the girl alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'